For our class we will be using Zoom Video Conferencing.
Before we start the class you’ll need to go to http://Zoom.us and download and install the app to your computer.
If you wish to use Zoom on your mobile device, you can click here for instructions: https://zoom.us/download#mobile_app
You don’t need to purchase the app, the free level works just fine for our class purposes.
Here are a few tips for using Zoom:
- You won’t be able to join the meeting until I start it. Don’t be alarmed if you are a few minutes early and it hasn’t started yet. We encourage you to be early so we can start right on time. You will be in the waiting room.
- Zoom uses a lot of internet bandwidth. It works better if you shut down programs running in the background, especially Skype.
- ** Tech tip** Note that if you click on any other open window on your computer, the video meeting seems like it ‘disappeared.’ The good news is, it didn’t! It’s behind every other window open on your computer. Minimize what you have open and you’ll see our smiling faces once again.
- ** Ninja Tip ** If you know you have limited bandwidth, you can DIAL in with your cell phone, and watch the Video on the screen.Just select “Phone Call” on the upper left tab, and follow the instructions.Zoom Dial In Instructions here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362663-Join-by-Telephone
- If you are using your Smart phones or other Mobile Devices: There’s a Zoom app for both Apple and Droid phones/iPads:
You’ll need to check your course welcome email for the meeting ID# to join the call.
Calls will be recorded each week.